Thursday, March 13, 2008

I give this blog a fully erect penis!


So, at first I opted not to put scores on my reviews, but then I realized it might be hard to discern whether or not I actually enjoyed a game because sometimes I get caught up in the criticism of it. While that problem could easily be solved by better writing, I'm taking the path more traveled and just sticking a letter grade on 'em. What's more, I'll also designate whether I think a game is only a rental and the approximate time I spent playing. Is it ethical to review something I could only stomach for a couple of hours? Personally, I think it matters a lot if I couldn't be bothered to play more than that.

While I will update my past reviews, I'll go ahead and give a quick summary of the games I've reviewed thus far:

Mass Effect: A-, 40 hours
Metal Gear Solid 3: B-, 12 hours
Harvey Birdman: B, rental only, two hours
Yakuza: B, 15 hours

So, now I'm noticing that I'm giving everything relatively high scores. Oh well, that's what happens when you pick what you want to write about.

As an aside, I actually support scores. Many people poo poo them because lazy readers will focus too much on the score, ignoring the breadth of the review. But as a lazy reader, I know there've been times where I read a review I would have normally skipped over because the score wasn't what I expected. So take that, fags.

No comments: