Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kefling Apocalypse

For my money, Ninja Bee is the best and most consistent developer of down-loadable XBLA-style games. Where Pixel Junk seems to produce stylish hacketry--seriously, let's take a completely free game and slap some art from a boutique store on it--Ninja Bee puts out fun, well designed games that can be enjoyed in ten minute play sessions. Yet for some reason Pixel Junk enjoys undeserved praise, while Ninja Bee keeps working, unsung.

Well, hopefully that nonsense will end with their newest title, A Kingdom for Keflings. As seen in the video, I like the use of an in game avatar as the builder; opposed to the typical god-in-the-sky interface most of these games employ. It reminds me of those rowdy weekends wherein my friends and I, high on Doritos and Coca-Cola, would play hours long sessions of Herzog Zwei.



In case you're unfamiliar with Ninja Bee's fine assortment of games, here's a good place to start.

No comments: